About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Leadership

Posted by Don Paine

Someone asked me to define leadership.  My response was, "a leader is a model of powerful internal self-control that has that person respond not out of a desire to control others or outcomes but as a willingness to lead by example".

Peter said that the elders of the church are to "be an example to the flock" not as lording to over them.

Leadership is not about controlling people or telling them what to do.  It is modeling how to be with people in a loving and caring way that listens.

The best way to mold other people into good behavior or attitudes is model good behavior and attitudes.  It is not the directors chair that I sit in it is the listeners chair.

I had a conversation with someone who was honestly sharing something of her concern upon reading my blog.  I listened and valued her insight, wisdom, and courage.  

Leading people into change may be slower than telling people what to do.  However it doe snot feed my ego or deplete the other persons ego to listen and lead by example.

Maybe that is why the chief shepherd gave his life for his sheep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment