About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

What is truth

Posted by Don Paine

I woke up this morning in a dilemma. My respectful part told me to do one thing and my responsible part told me to do the opposite.  Truth is like that.  It is about being honest about the dilemma in a sense speaking truth from both parts to all other parts of me.  When I make a choice it negates a part of me unless I am honest about both parts of me.

In human interactions whether inside my own head or in relationship with others, truth is elusive.  All human interactions are governed by quadratic truth.  All truth has three other versions of truth that are not addressed or attended to that creates our, less than truthful, culture.

In the laws of motion (Newton) there is clarity of a responsive universe.  For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  Additionally there are auxiliary reactions.  What this means is for every decision and idea there are three other minority opinions that go unvoiced. An illustration is for any issue there are 4 positions of response, reaction, over-reaction, under-reaction.  Bill Moyers has an incredible influence on the issue of truth in his "Speaking truth to Power" program.  There is a crisis of truth in our day.  Speak truth.  What a simple statement.  Don't put a comma where there is a period.  Do you speak truth?  Do I speak truth?

When I resolve my dilemma by choosing one truth is that "my truth" or is it my choice to say no to three other alternatives all of which have value and worth.  Maybe if we could do that with out truth we could treat all people with value and worth as God created them.  All people are God's creation.  All moments of decision call me to be true to all my parts of view and then to live out my decision not just to make a decision but to be truthful about all parts of me that were in play in making that decision.

Make your decision to live in and out of truth from all sides.

0 comments:

Post a Comment