About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Thank You

Posted by Don Paine

Nicholas D. Kristof wrote in the Berkshire Eagle (March 28, 3011 p. A6), "This may be a first for the Arab world:  An American airman who bailed out of over Libya was rescued form his hiding place in a sheep pen (in which his parachute had landed him) by villages who hugged him, served him juice, and thanked him effusively for bombing their country".  It is one thing to engage in military operations due to your own agenda it is another when you are responding to the cry of the people for help.

When I say I am helping you but you have not asked for my help two things happen:  1) you do not appreciate my help and 2) you are not really helped.  The truth is I am in a pretense of helping helping myself.  When I am asked to be helpful and am helpful in the way the asker needs then appreciation follows.

the villages though a "Thank You Party" because they did appreciate the help.  What a better world it would be if we all learned to listen and help people in the way they want or need to be helped rather than/  You would be served and we would be appreciated.

I said thank you to someone today.
It changed them. It changed me.
It might bring change in your and my world if we all served each other and were therefore appreciative of each others service.  Maybe that is the point of the Golden rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Throw a thank you party somewhere for someone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment