About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Balance is the key

Posted by Don Paine

I have so much to do and not enough time to do "the much".  This means that I have too much to do and all that business can dilute or pollute the essence of who I am and how I want to live.  What legacy do I want to live to my children and grandchildren.

Taking time "to be" is more important than finding more time "to do".  It is even more important than taking things off the plate of my day.  It is about establishing and living with priority to human relations and human interactions.  I love being with people because I love people because it appreciates them and me at the same time. If people do not feel that it is probably because I am too busy doing things for people so they appreciate me rather than being with people to appreciate their living.

This morning in our Youth Sunday School class someone raised the issue of a poster that had these word, "Jesus is coming get busy, look busy".  It led to a discussion of how Christian living can be pretense.  Acting one way when someone is looking or to get benefit rather than become the person who lives in authentic ways before people.  It is not about business it is about being about the business of prioritize our lives around being rather than doing.  Our doing will then come out of our being rather than trying to impress by our pretense we will impress because of our loving care expresses in authentic and genuine ways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment