About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Hats on Hats off

Posted by Don Paine

Yesterday we went to see Crowns at a local reparatory theater.  The theme was that hats are like crowns that we wear on our heads that tell people something about us or protect us in some way.  "Hats are like people sometimes they Reveal and sometimes they Conceal".    Scripture tells us that all who love God receive a crown that reveals our love relationship with God.  The play had a young woman whose brother was shot finding a way to reveal her pain and connect with her brother and her ancestors through a hat that did not conceal her pain but healed her heart.  The same hat revealed a deep connection beyond this world to her brother.

I thought, how do we know when we are using our hats to conceal our pain and our feelings and when we are using hats to connect and reveal deeper truths of our heart and soul.  I realized that sometimes I put a hat on to conceal my pain and sometimes I put a hat on to connect and reveal my heart. A hat can be anything and can represents many things.

I will look at people and hats differently starting today.

Hats off to a great performance and a great show!  Thank you. Hats on to go out into the cold world today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment