About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

A simple thank you will do

Posted by Don Paine

I received a letter from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Research Center.  I opened the letter that said "Thank You" for raising funds for Fred's Team and Cancer Research.  I love when people say thank you for something I have done.  Don't you!  There are not enough thank you's in our world.  The letter went on to ask for "more money".  I hate that.  They cannot just say thank you.  They have to say thank you can't you give more.  The UCC denomination that I am a part of has a slogan that says, "Do not put a period where God has put a comma".  I would add, "Don't put a comma where God has put a period."

Why can they not just say "Thank YOU" and realize that saying "thank you." would have a greater impact on getting more funds rather than thinking that you have to ask for more or you won't get more.
The power of gratefulness is great!

I love raising money for Cancer Research.  I have been a member of Fred's team since its inception.  I love doing the marathon to raise money for Cancer Research.  But I hate that it is never enough.  There cannot be just a "thank You".  That is not true.  There can be just a thank you but only if when shown gratitude we give as never before.

So put a period after :  "Thank You".  No thank you but, and, so on.

Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment