About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Faith seeing with two eyes, yours and mine

Posted by Don Paine

Faith is seeing what no one else sees, it comes from hearing and listening in a different and fuller way.


I was sitting there, the presenter had presented the idea of "compassionate conflict", and having the capacity to know it is not about me it is about meeds.   She asked
us anyone had anything to day.  No one was responding then I dais I can tell you what it triggers in me.  She said, "ok" so I said, "If it is to be it is up to me".  She reacted with an upset part that said she did not like it cause it puts a burden on her and she has been trying to get rid of the burden,  I smiled.  Inside i felt like ok, so she does not get that that is what she said.  Needs are burdens and they set us up. So It is not about me, it is not about needs, it is about energy of love and compassion from within toward all parts;

Then as I was re-flexing on the model she was presenting and the part of me that spoke as an illustration of that model's internal conflict.  I took a step aside and relaxed that she had just a different perspective triggered by a part in her that is not triggered the same way in me.  Then as I listened to her triggered part and relaxed my triggered part.  I then realized that she had a more than valid point.  As I reflected I changed that simple two letter, 20 word, statement.  "If it is to be it is up to us".   That takes the burden off me and shares it with all parts and beliefs within me.  Her perspective is just as valid as her perspective as my perspective is valid for me.

Just as all are perceptions are illusions.

All perspectives are welcome.

At the end of the session she and I were easily able to share this but during the session she and I had both been triggered.

Caring for our own triggered parts helps us to listen to the other person and the inner voice of peace and compassion.

I learned something in this session because I was open to see something that I didi not see at first.  this is faith, seeing what no one else would see, in action""

0 comments:

Post a Comment