About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

True Gifts of Christmas

Posted by Don Paine



Yesterday I was on the phone with an insurance agent who was trying to help me resolve a problem.  She was so respectful and cooperative I became increasingly relaxed and confident that we could together resolve the problem without attacking each other or defending ourselves.  We laughed about several things and even before I knew the problem had been respectfully resolved I told her that it was delightful and sort of Christmassy to make the best of a mess.  She thank me and I said, So I want to wish you “Merry Christmases all around”.  She commented that she had never heard that expression before and really liked it and wanted to use it.  I told her it was not mine that I had never said it to anyone and I sort of liked it so would use it myself.  She laughed and we all felt Christmassy all around us. I had never used that expression before it just came up from somewhere inside me.  Interesting.

It did not just happen.  We made it happen by making the best of a troubling situation.  That is what Christmas is: the gift of making good in the midst of something bad or just not good!

Merry Christmases all around!

0 comments:

Post a Comment