About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

The Mess and the Message

Posted by Don Paine

It was a mess.  It was messy.  Was I the cause or had I just stepped into a mess? I asked.

Then I took a step back and saw a message to me.

So often when there is a mess or when life seems messy I have a "you messed up" part that speaks to me (making me feel it is all my fault) or to someone else who I want to blame or shame.

This is as old as Genesis 3 and what we have referred to as the "fall".  God refereed that moment and took on no shame or blame and released the couple from the need to blame or shame each other.

So I learn, when there is a mess or a messy situation to take a step back and look for a message.  The message always massages meaning and learning into the mess.


0 comments:

Post a Comment