About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Speechless, no words

Posted by Don Paine

I have not been able to blog for 7 days.

It has been seven days side the horrific tragedy of 12/14 where 20 children and 6 adults working a school in Newtown, CT, were killed.  Also killed that day was the mother of the shooter and the shooter himself.

Every time I went to blog I felt like "silence was the best way" to represent the horror of the moment.  Words fail us when there are no words to describe what you feel inside and the compassion of silence is your only true friend.

I noticed that each day I looked for children walking, shopping, at a funeral, and just went up to them and their parents in a light and caring way to honor their living with a sense that there are people in the world that care.  Who will go out of their way to offer an "intention act of kindness and goodness".

Maybe that is what I needed to do to break the silence.  I did not have to share my thoughts on the tragedy what I need to do is break the silence of seeing people but not speaking love and kindness into their lives.

So do something in memory of those who died that day by "contributing something to the presence of goodness in the world.  Maybe the good answer to the violence in the world.

"Peace in you and on earth, and Good will, goodness and kindness to all"

0 comments:

Post a Comment