About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Pause Step Back and Breathe

Posted by Don Paine

Yesterday, I was up did my walk with my dog, started my truck and was off to work so I thought. I stopped at the local market for a coffee and while in their my truth which I had left running as it was a cold day, had quit on me. Without previous warning of any kind it just would not start.

At first I was upset even a little mad at my good truck.  Then I was frantic about what to do, how to get to work and what to say to clients who were waiting for me at my office and hour away!  It was like a first I shook my fist, then pointed finger, and then began to fret.  Ten I opened m hand and heart to the flow of the day and the sense that all would be well, it could be worse, and suddenly I was thankful that my truck did not strand me on the highway where i had little resources and bigger problems.

I even decided to not call AAA but just call a friend, rent a car and be on my way which I was able to be within an hour.

I "paused, stepped back, and breathed" and the flow of my day shifted.  I only missed one appointment and the rest of my day went smoothly.

So life lessen for me:  whenever you are frazzled and at first clench your fist, or cave in on your self, open your hand and heart and you will find things go better with an open heart and mind.

Oh and my truck is being cared for by a friend who picked it up.  I and my truck are glad for good friends as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment