About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Rediscovering

Posted by Don Paine

I was introduced to the book Rediscover Catholicism: A Spiritual Guide to Living with Passion and Purpose, by Matthew Kelly.

I really embrace the idea of living with passion and purpose.  Whenever I notice defensive parts in me I notice that they shut down compassion, passion, and purpose.  They take over.  When I notice that I have an agenda I know it is self serving therefore triggering of other's defensive parts.

This seems to be a defensive yet challenging treatise to argue for the Catholic Church.  That seems defensive though well thought out and agenda focused though purposeful.

He states "Catholicism is a treasure map".  True.  Yet it is not true that there are no pother treasure maps.
For instance while I believe in my traditions that are historical and meaningful and create purpose and passion in me, I also respect many other traditions and innovations that do the same thing.  Distinctive of faith can be embraced without negating the distinctive of others.  I call this multiversity as different from diversity.  He goes on to say, "It leads to treasure".  Sorta, kinda, sometimes are my responses.

Their is a map in all of us that leads us if we dare to follow it to the treasure inside all of us.  Many call it different things but the key is discovering the treasure within, the Kingdom of God within, the guru within.  That is the treasure that is a "pearl beyond pricing".  The hidden treasure.

Catholicism is one way to that pearl.  There are many ways.  Every way is of passion and purpose and of love and peace, the non-church or church Jesus Way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment