About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Peace: the cost, willingness to stand

Posted by Don Paine

Ben of saratogaindecline.org wrote: "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside used up, worn out, and covered in scars from a well lived life" John Tighe: 


Willing to suffer and take on pain is the key to compassion for self and others as well as a calm safe sense of presence regardless of anything.  Safety is an illusion but the courage to be, to live, to let go of fear and embrace all that is results in peace and love inside and toward all outside.  This is not compliant indifference but courageous individuality that participates in true community.  


I am who i am.  You are who you are.  Don't mess with me and I will not mess with you.  MEss with me and I will mess with you.  Compliance and defiance are co-enemies of peace and justice.  Cooperation, respectfulness, and responsibleness empower love, peace and justice for all to all and by all.


Moral outrage demands courageous action for the safety of all not the profit of a few.


I am willing to bare in my body and soul the hatred, cruelty, unfairness, injustice, the pain, the suffering, the hurt, the betrayal, and the brutality of humanity so that I can be free to live without fear and with faith to see the best in people regardless of anything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment