About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Feeling Bad does No one any Good

Posted by Don Paine

I was with my wife's grand uncle on a "Grand Laker" canoe.  We were on the St Croix River in northern Maine.  Jack was paddling, Debbie was picture taking, and I was fly fishing.  We were all enjoying nature and each other in different ways.  It was all good!  God's gift to all of us.

He commented that he was "feeling bad" about something.  The following words came up from within me and out my mouth:  "feeling bad, does no one any good".

He smiled and I hope took it in.

What a good world it would be if we all saw and acted with goodness no matter what bad is done to us or what bad we feel inside.

What if from inside, we let goodness and kindness flow like a river.  Intentional acts of kindness is better than random acts of kindness for they intentionally sow goodness and kindness in the world.

Where can you sow kindness and goodness in your world today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment