About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

God is here, there, and everywhere: I Swear!

Posted by Don Paine

I was in Huntington, LI the other day and observed that the local park was named after Billy Joel, who sang 25 years ago a song, "These five words I swear to you, I will be there for you!"

26 years ago when I shared my first NYC Marathon Worship Experience for fellow runners that was the song I used to present the simple truth that God, by whatever name you call, promises "I will be there for You".  These five simple words contain the might and power of the greatest force of energy in the world.  Every step along the journey of life is like every step of a marathon.  Life is one step at a time as is a marathon.  The "emanuel God" promises to be with you.  Emanuel means, God is physically present with you regardless of anything and with grace for everything.  In the physical world you may not always feel God present but nature assures us that as the sun is always there even when storms and clouds seem to block it out.  The sun is physically still and always present even though it seems that it is gone.

Even when Jesus on the cross felt like he was abandoned he knew what we all can know, that it was not true even though it seemed true.

Amy Grant sang a song years ago that reflect this theme that when something seems to be true it might not be as true as it seems.  On the other hand, what seems to be true may not be true at all!

She sang, "Storms may come and storms will go, wonder how long it will take me to know you are there always with arms of love,  even when the skies are grey teach me to stay in your arms of love"

What ever is rapping on your life journey remind your heart what it already knows: that it is wrapped in arms of love from the God above and the God within you.

I swear even when I swear in frustration I know
by faith and experience that what God swears God delivers!

The Great I am is in You!  I swear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment