About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Breathe in Your Prosperity

Posted by Don Paine

"No weapon formed against you will prosper!"

This is a scripture verse that many take to offset the idea that people cannot use or abuse me.  As I sat with someone who was feeling abused so feeling that this verse was not true for them so they needed to confess their failure and ask God to make it true of them.

I asked this person if she could ask that part of her that saw it that way, if that part would step back an d let her look at it in a new way.  A hesitant yes emerged from within.  Then as we tried to cultivate that inner voice two new perspectives emerged:

That while weapons that are formed against us do hurt us, wound us, disarm us, and harm us the promise is that they will not prosper that is they will not win, defeat us.  They may blow a mighty wind that bends us but they will not break us or rather they need not break us.  Jesus, himself, was wounded, beaten and hurt.  He was hurt by what weapons were used against him even though he refused to reach for a sword to defend himself.  Those weapons did not prosper.  They won for a day but on another day they appeared what they were, "powerless" to hold him down, to contain the energy of Spirit, or to let hatred win.  Love does ultimately triumph even though hatred has its days of triumph".

So the promise is not that there will come no hurt or pain into my living.  The promise is that the hurt and pain of living will not be weapons that prosper but weapons that will become instruments of my gaining strength of mind and courage of soul.  I will prosper in the presence of hurt and pain.  No weapon against me will prosper!

I have never seen this verse in that way for myself but this person helped me to see it differently, no the energy of Spirit-Self breathed new perspective into me from this verse!.

Breathe in what is good for you and breathe out what is not good for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment