About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Wounded witnesses of Wonderful Love

Posted by Don Paine

So as Adam and Eve as the first couple of earth reached for value and worth outside of themselves they stumbles into and set the stage for the trap that we all stumble into.  The trap of looking outside rather than inside for what we truly need, autonomy, authenticity, audacity, and accountability.

I have a part that really worries about what others think of me but it is based on a faulty idea that my worth is tied up in what others think of me. I have another part that does not care at all about what others think as it just wants to be and breathe as it chooses.  They are both true parts of me.  In the center of me is an energy of compassion and calmness that has all I need.  Like the adage:  "All I ever needed to know I learned in Kindergarten" this inner source of truth says: "All I need is already inside of me, I know it already, but I just do not know that i know it".  I know it intuitively but doubt it similarly. I do not know it cognitively but I do know it intuitively.

So the sin of Adam and Eve was not what they did even though reaching up and outside was a trap.  It was doubting that all they needed they already had.

Imagine the dialogue had they known this intuitively and cognitively.  Instead of going into hiding or blaming or shaming each other for what they did they would shift the focus to what they already knew and already had.

They would join hands and hearts, stand together indivisible, with no shame and in total nakedness, they would say to God he/she/they arrived into the garden the next day, "Oh God are we glad to see you.  A part of us joined together to do something that as we were doing it and especially afterwards we knew it was not good.  Even though our intention was good as we desired to multiple our knowledge and awareness of all things, the effect was to shift our focus form trusting each other and the love and energy of spirit in us to reach beyond ourselves only to wonder away from the peace and love within our selves.  We know of and now need your mercy and grace to heal our hurt and wounded hearts. We were tempted to turn from you each other and hide in our fear and loss but we knew better and turn instead inside where love and trust remains."

We open our minds, our eyes and our hearts to see and know you and each other and to have the restoration of innocence through the honesty of our hearts wounded by the transgression of trust.

0 comments:

Post a Comment