About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Shit Happens, Shifts happen

Posted by Don Paine

It is often stated perhaps more at bars than in churches that "Shit Happens".

How true.  I used to think the expression "Holy Shit" was an oxymoron" but due to shifts in my inner spirit, heart and mind I no longer think that.  When fecal matter is present it might smell and be disgusting but it can result in fertilizer for growth and it can be discarded as waste.  It might disgrace me or it might be transformed by grace into sacred space where I grow thru the tough stuff that happens to me.  Stuff that happens to me is not designed by deity for me but God has designed in me the capacity to transform all things that happen into something good in my life regardless how bad.  The holy shift is a shift from being the victim of what happens and the helplessness that emanates from that to being creatively and courageously able to pour good sense into the nonsense that happens.

The shift is a holy shift that creates a prism of light that reveals the colors of compassion in the chaos and craziness that happens.  Holy shit is the fecal matter that get out of by my faith that sees the matter with an eye that sees what no one else might see except for faith.  Shit just happens, it is part of living.  Shifts are intentional created by paying attention to the power to shift from a victim fear complex to a vitality influx of faith.  Shifts are a choice to look with respectfulness on all experiences of rejection.  Shifts do not just happen they happen with a choice that empowers hope and empathy.

That is holy ground. Sacred space invites a shift that moves the shit that happens in my life and around me into that which grows grace in me.  That makes it "Holy Shit".

0 comments:

Post a Comment