About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Going inside, opens the box of fear and the sphere of faith shows up

Posted by Don Paine

The idea of "going inside" invites people to shut themselves off from the external world and care for the internal world.  While it is not necessary, I almost always close my eyes and invite people to close their eyes as that shifts the focus from what I can see in the physical world around me to what no oen else but me knows in my internal world. This shift invites internal work as all I can see when I shut my eyes is the internal thoughts feelings memories and experiences that I hold on to inside.

David tells us, or rather leads us into this, in Psalm 139:1.  "Search my innermost thoughts, and lead me in the way everlasting".

Today I was "inside" with a client who had a boxed in part.  The part was holding a "boxed in version of Christianity".  AS she looked at the box and saw that she was fighting to get out of the box rather than shifting.  I asked her if she could put the box outside of herself and look at it.  She did and saw herself in the box.  She did some work around the "boxed in parts" and the "boxed out parts".  I invited her to set the box aside and see if she could see anything else.  She noticed that God was in the box but that that was the God of her mother.  She began to notice that all things that God made and the sphere of life in her and her mother was not a box but a sphere.  She noticed that all living things are more often created in spheres, that the world is a sphere, that the sun is a sphere, that the living organism of life is a sphere not a box. She noticed that God was not in the box but that people had boxed God in and that had made her want to box God out only to leave her boxed out.  She spontaneously released her boxed in part.  Her inner healing began and will continue as the organism of life, lives in her.  When the boxed in parts and the parts that were boxed out were welcome the sphere of Self instantly and spontaneously showed up.

When the boxes of fear and hurt are open in a safe space of calm and a sacred place of compassion the sphere of Self rolls in.

In the internal spaces of our heart and mind seems to be where the eternal work is done.


0 comments:

Post a Comment