About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Whose problem is the problem?

Posted by Don Paine

She said to her 13 year old son as she was roughly and angrily shoving him into their car, "What is wong with you, you are 13 years old and you cannot read a simple paragraph".

My little boy part was really triggered but my social appropriate scanners said she is in a state she cannot hear even if an angel appeared to her and your compassion meter is already full so I said nothing.

At the same time a part of me recalled that I sometimes could not read a story without wandering off in my mind to another topic, issue or concern.  It was not that I could not read it was that I could not stay focused because of the business in my head of good things even kind things but also distracting or exciting things.  Prof Crouch at Yeshiva University burned two concerns into my self of being now they are moving into my sense of well being.  They are "focus, focus, focus and make friends with commas".  Thank you Elizabeth I get it at a deeper level than ever.

pixture

I thought what is wrong with you as a parent that you cannot se your part.   Scolding and yelling at people even if you are right does not usually help the situation. Often our fears or nervousness gets the best of us and while we intend to be caring and concern what comes out is judgment, accusations, nastiness.  What if this woman could have seen the problem as their shared problem and the solution probably a  shared effort that calms ever ones fears and feels compassionate and caring.  It would be a traditional "win win" Amen!  So if there was a way to think that the part of me that is frustrated with you right now wants to see you as the problem, but my angry and hostile reaction exacerbates the problem rather than ameliorating it.  Shared view of the problem results in shared participation in the solution

0 comments:

Post a Comment