About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

A good friend dies, a tribute

Posted by Don Paine

Russ and Anne Sideranko of New Britain CT are two people who have blessed my life.  Russ died on March 11th, 2012.  When he met Jesus and his life was transformed by God's grace this day had already happened as this life, the life in this physical world prepares us for eternity.  Life prepared Russ for eternal peace and love.  They were two people who while not perfect loved God, opened their home to strangers and so entertained angels unaware.  Today I celebrate with Russ and Anne and their families that Russ is in heaven very aware of the angels and meeting some of those who he entertained.

Positive memories fill my heart.  He was always honest even sharp at times but I much prefer that to behind the door and secret words.  His honesty coupled with his kindness to create a generous, forgiving, and compassionate man. Though I am not an angel, I was staying at their home while at a training at CCSU six years ago the weekend that my father died.  It was also a Sunday morning.  I was woken early in the morning with the call that my father died.  I went out for a walk and when I arrived home (their home which they used to host so many people and events over the years) and as I told them, they wept with me prayed with me and made me a great breakfast.  Russ's kindness and honesty were genuine and generously is how he gave.

To God be the Glory.

0 comments:

Post a Comment