About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

When truth is not truth

Posted by Don Paine

I used to believe that there was one truth.  A universal and absolute truth that was so powerful that it could change the world.  When I became a follower of Christ by choice, I thought I had found the truth.   I preached that truth and called people to accept that truth with passion and compassion.  Because I knew the truth, I felt I had both a right and a responsibility to preach that truth even at times to impose it as to do less is to not care.  I still believe that truth of the Gospel.  I have realized that a truth with out the balance of another truth creates simultaneously and effortlessly an illusion of truth and an illustration of falsehood.
This creates confusion and chaos in the mind, body and spirit.

In the court of law we are challenged to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  The implication and wisdom is masterful:  There is truth, then there are things people add to the truth which creates an illusion of truth and an illustration of falsehood.  There are parts of the truth that people can give that imply a truth but impose a falsehood.  This subject deserves a few days of discussion so I make one application here.

If I say God is light.  Am I forgetting that before anything was, all there was was darkness.  There was no need for light by day or by night for God was in the center.  God is light.  God is darkness.  they are two expressions of God is.  The truth is that these opposite truths, when held in the balance of calm compassion are both equally true.

Ponder with me what the world would be like if we all embraced the universal and absolute truth that there is no truth beyond God is.  That all the "sentence completions" are but parts of the truth and that the whole truth is all of those truths wrapped in love and understanding.  When some religious zealots want to present "their way as the way" their do not the truth.  Just like to say you love God but look down on, as if you are superior in knowledge life or experience, your brother or sister you lie and do not the truth.

Truth?  An illusion? A Falsehood? A distortion? Truth more and less than what you think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment