About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

The Secret

Posted by Don Paine

I watched a Robin warming her eggs on our deck.  She was brave, courageous, carefully carign for her three soon to be born children.

I began to think of how the creator watches over and warms us all with love and care though sometimes seems distant God is always watching form a distance.  God does not stay distant.  Even though we may think of God as distant God is both distant and up close at the same time.  God is under around and through, above and beyond while within and intimate, alongside of and in front of, behind and underneath, God is everywhere all the time regardless of anything.

Maybe this is the secret to know that as silent as God may seem God is always present all the time in and around everyone!

I enjoy when good things happen to me because they make me happy.

I learn to enjoy all things that happen to me and don't when I realize that good is not just a object or subject it is a verb.  It is what I do when I have the Spirit of God in me.  God turns all things that would be everything around for good.  (Romans 8:28)   Even though it may not be good, in kind, it can be good, in effect.  It is up to me to turn the perspective and prospective of good from assessing the event but by shifting my perception of the event.  It may not be good.   Good can be found and it can be transformed into good as I shift my view of it.

I do not believe God does things to me with a good purpose.  If I believe that then one day God sends me a good thing that I say is good the next day God sends something that I label bad.  God is teaching me to no label anything but simply name it then have control over it rather than it controlling me.  God doe snot purpose bad things to teach me a good lesson.  Bad things happen and if I have learned the lesson of goodness I see good, some good, it it for me and even for the world.

Have a good day keep the secret.

0 comments:

Post a Comment