About Me

My photo
I am a pastor and a clinical psychotherapist. My life's passion is defining healthiness from a human perspective and paralleling it to the holiness of God, divine perspective. Shifting perspectives creates a paradigm that is alongside of rather than over and against. The parakalein of God and the paradoxes of humanity are redefined. Humanity is all about winning and yet we are losing ground everywhere. Divinity is all about letting go of the desire to win and the fear of loss. The Divine embraces the world with loving care regardless of anything.

Search This Blog

Top of the game

Posted by Don Paine

Recently I felt I was not at the top of my game as a therapist and pastor.  I had some critical and judgmental parts attacking me.

I recalled feeling the compassion for someone who had in a community setting declared that he was not at the top of his game.  I commented to him and the community at the time, several months ago, that to be able to be humble and admit that you are not always at the top of your game is maybe being in the game if not truly at the "top of your game".

The interesting thing is that I did not recall this for me, wish I had.  I recalled this for a client who was feeling equally badly and she helped me to recall it for me.

Jesus taught that as we are serving we are served.

Namaste

0 comments:

Post a Comment